South Reno Landscaping
Reno Green: Your South Reno Landscape Company
Reno Green Landscaping is the leading landscaper for South Reno residents and businesses. We are a full-service landscape company offering everything from lawn maintenance and irrigation to landscape design and snow removal services.
From high-end retirement communities to sprawling family developments, South Reno is growing considerably fast and so is the need for green infrastructure. Neighborhoods such as Damonte Ranch, South Meadows, Galena, and the Virginia Foothills make up South Reno. Whether you are retiring and want a low maintenance landscape, or you just starting a family and want a play area for your children, Reno Green Landscaping is fully equipped to design and install the landscape of your dreams.
A continued trend in the landscape industry is low maintenance landscaping. Some elements of low maintenance landscaping include low maintenance plant material, artificial turf and hardscaping.
Low Maintenance Plant Material
Plant selection is an important part of the design process. Low maintenance plants should require little pruning, fertilization and clean up.
Space is an important factor of plant selection and can help reduce the need for regular pruning. When selecting low maintenance plants, pay attention to the mature plant size and make sure you have enough room for the plant to spread out.
You also want to take fruit and leaf debris into consideration. Some plants that can be low maintenance in the landscape when given enough room to grow include, Mugo Pine, Euonymus, Blue Star Juniper, Daylilies, Stonecrop and Yucca.
Many people are requesting artificial turf in their landscapes as a low maintenance turfgrass alternative. Artificial turf doesn’t require weekly mowing or regular irrigation like living lawns do, but it does require some regular cleaning, similar to your outdoor rugs. If you are looking for an alternative to turfgrass, artificial turf may be an option for you.
Remember all artificial turf is not the same quality, so you want to do some research or talk with your landscape designer before choosing a brand and thickness.
Also, note that artificial turf is technically a hardscape, so it can get 20-50 degrees higher than natural grass. You can reduce the temperature by spraying it with water, especially during the hot summer months.
You can learn more about artificial turf by reading this article by Water Use It Wisely.
Adding functional hardscaping is a great low maintenance landscape option. You may want an outdoor seating area, kitchen, or a fire pit for spending time with your family. Once installed with commercial-grade materials, your hardscape will last for many years with little to no maintenance required. Here are some Reno Green landscapes to get you inspired.
Reno Green’s Landscape Services in South Reno
Looking for a landscape company to design, install and maintain your South Reno property that has extensive experience in the area? Reno Green Landscaping has been the local industry expert since 1975. Reno Green offers landscape design, installation, maintenance and irrigation services in the South Reno area.
LANDSCAPE MAINTENANCE SERVICES
- Lawn care & maintenance(mowing, edging, trimming, and aeration)
- Lawn fertilization and weed control
- Weed, debris and leaf abatement
- Clean ups
- Tree and shrub pruning
- Insect and disease management
- Water feature maintenance
- Planter bed care
- Annual color rotations
- Winter watering
- Activity reports
DESIGN & INSTALLATION SERVICES
- Professional Design Consultation
- Virtual Consultations
- Hardscapes (pavers, flagstone, concrete)
- Fire Pits and Features
- Retaining Walls and Boulder Placement
- Plant Selection and Installation
- Sod and Artifical Turf Installation
- Outdoor Living
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Xeriscaping and Turf Conversions
- Pond and Water Feature Installation
- Low-Voltage Lighting Systems
- Annual Color Rotations
- Holiday Lighting
SNOW REMOVAL SERVICES*
- Irrigation sprinker system repairs and maintenance
- System winterization and activation
- Water schedule management
- Smart controller installation
- Irrigation design and installation
- Irrigation system retrofits
- Certified water audits
- Water feature maintenance and troubleshooting
- Snow and ice control for sidewalks and walkways
- Mechanized snow removal for streets and parking lots
- Property maps indicating scope of work, snow pile locations and areas of special concern
*Snow and ice control services are available to our current maintenance clients and is offered as a separate contract.