Reno Green Landscaping is celebrating Smart Irrigation Month by helping customers save water, save money and ensure better results.
Smart Irrigation Month is a nation-wide public awareness campaign to promote efficient water use. Focused on July, traditionally the month of peak demand for outdoor water use, the campaign highlights simple practices and innovative technologies to:
- Make maintaining green spaces easy and convenient.
- Minimize overwatering while keeping lawns, gardens and landscapes beautiful and healthy.
- Save money on utility bills.
- Help protect community water supplies for today and the future.
Property owners and managers typically overwater, unintentionally wasting money every time they take out the hose or turn on the sprinklers. Reno Green Landscaping, a leader in smart water-saving practices, is delivering real results by:
- Helping customers plant and maintain low water landscapes that will thrive in their climate and site conditions.
- Installing new irrigation systems that use real-time weather data and soil moisture sensors to automatically adjust watering to meet plant needs.
- Using low volume micro irrigation to precisely apply very small amounts of water to gardens, trees and shrubs, minimizing evaporation and waste.
- Retrofitting existing systems with water saving nozzles.
- Helping customers program automatic controllers to comply with community watering restrictions while extracting maximum benefit from every drop of water.
- Auditing irrigation systems to make sure water is being using effectively and making necessary adjustments and repairs.
- Identifying customer rebates from water utilities and other resources for water-efficient products.
Smart Irrigation Month is an initiative of the Irrigation Association, a non-profit industry organization dedicated to promoting efficient irrigation. Visit www.smartirrigationmonth.org to learn more.