As we head into warmer temperatures, it will be time to start thinking about waking up your landscapes from their long winter slumber.
Here is a checklist for your outdoor spring cleaning:
1. Turn on the irrigation system. Check for any clogged valves or frozen pipes and make sure the sprinkles are providing even coverage to avoid dry spots.
2. Prune any dead or damaged tree or shrub branches. Cut back flowering perennials and ornamental grasses.
3. Remove fallen leaves and any debris from planter beds.
4. Sweep and clean hardscape surfaces.
5. Aerate your lawn. Aerating will open up the lawn to allow water and nutrients to penetrate the soil more effectively.
6. Apply fertilizer.
7. Mulch your garden.
8. Plan summer landscape projects.
Starting off your landscaping on the right foot in the spring will ensure a beautiful outdoor space you can enjoy all year long.