Can you believe it’s already a new year? Not only that, we are about to enter a new decade! It is amazing how quickly the years fly by. The beginning of a new year can signify a time for a fresh start and to brainstorm on goals and aspirations for the year ahead.
What are your goals for 2020? Are they fitness and health related? Are your goals primarily focused around your career or family? Do you think about priorities and goals for your landscaping? Maybe your landscaping goals are to make your landscape a welcoming space for entertaining or maybe to improve the aesthetics or function of your landscape.
We’ve compiled a list of ideas to add to your New Year’s resolution list for 2020 that don’t require hitting the gym.
Landscape Design & Construction
- Try a new plant combination in a garden bed, such as those at https://www.gardenia.net/plant-combinations.
- Add some colorful pots to your front porch. Get some inspiration.
- Invest in a paver patio for entertaining. See some of our past designs.
- Add a cozy fire pit for roasting marshmallows. Need inspiration?
- Install a Zen-inspired water feature for holiday stress reduction. Looking for designs?
- Add some curb appeal by planting an annual flower garden. See Reno Green’s past work for ideas.
- Hire a Reno Green landscape designer to makeover your landscape. Check out Reno Green’s construction services.
- Add a small specimen tree as a focal point to your front yard. Get some ideas here.
- Choose plants that would look great in the moonlight. Learn which plants work best.
- Plant bulbs for spring and summer color. Get some inspiration.
- Enjoy your outdoor space with a new outdoor kitchen and seating area. Contact Reno Green for a free quote.
- Invest in a knowledgeable maintenance crew. Check out Reno Green’s maintenance services.
- Invest in a professional cleanup of your landscape. See Reno Green’s gallery.
- Hire an experienced arborist to prune your trees. Find an ISA Certified Arborist.
- Do a soil test. Find a list of private soil testing labs.
- Have a Reno Green QWEL certified professional do an irrigation water audit of your sprinkler system to help you reduce landscape water use. Learn more about QWEL.
- Invest in a weather-based irrigation controller (WBIC) or other water saving irrigation. Learn more about WBIC’s.
- Reduce the size of your lawn using sheet mulching to save money on your water bill. Learn more about sheet mulching.
- Have organic mulch installed to improve water conservation and help your plants grow. Learn more about organic mulch and its benefits.
- Incorporate sustainable elements to your landscape design. Check out some sustainable elements of landscaping.
Creative DIY Landscaping
- Hang a bird feeder in our backyard and watch birds visit. Here are some creative ideas.
- Add a water source to encourage pollinators. Learn more about what pollinators need.
- Plant flowers and foliage plants for cutting and using in flower arrangements. Learn to arrange flowers.
- Learn to identify beneficial insects.